Frequently Asked Questions
This Website and all pages within the www.compasslist.com domain contains an archive of existing content as at 31 December 2021 and is not being actively managed.
When you create a CompassList account for free, you can:
- Get free unlimited access to our startup, founder and investor Database profiles and Insights articles
- Download content in PDF format;
- Listen to audio versions of content;
- Save your favourite content to your account dashboard
- Share our content on social media and via email;
- Save startup, founder and investor Database profiles and Insights articles
The free CompassList Account allows users to save the content of their choice by startups, founders, investors and Insights articles; and receive content recommendations on those items saved.
You can simply do this by clicking the save icon to add the startup, founder, investor, Insights that you wish to save to My Favorites.
- Save the sectors and technologies that you find interesting
You will be able to save content by sectors and technologies, and receive recommendations on related content in your account dashboard.
Manage Your Account
Yes. You can access your account from up to 3 different devices at any time.
Yes, you can. We support log-ins using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google accounts.
- Go to https://compasslist.com/login
- Select the social media platform you would like to log in with.
- When prompted, allow CompassList to access your social media account
If your Twitter account is not associated with any email address, you need to fill in your email address in the next step of registration. This will allow you to receive account notification emails and newsletters from CompassList.
Here are some common reasons why people can't log in to their CompassList accounts.
- You entered a wrong password
Reset your password if you just can't remember your old one. Go to Forgot Password page to request a password reset link. Keep in mind that you'll need access to the email connected to your CompassList account in order to reset your password.
- You have requested to delete your account
Your account will be suspended for 24 hours upon our receipt of your account deletion request. If your account is suspended, you will see a page with the "REACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT" button when you try to log in.
If you wish to cancel the suspension, you can do so by clicking the "REACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT" button in the webpage or in the email sent to you after you have asked to delete your account.
Yes, you are required to do so as we would need to verify your identity when you log in and to protect your account.
If you're having trouble confirming your email, try logging in directly to your email service on a Web browser instead of using a separate email program.
Your email address is used to log in to CompassList, to verify your identity and to allow you to receive important emails about your privacy and account. You will not be able to change the email address you used to register.
If you have forgotten your password, we can send you a link to create a new password and get back into your account.
- Go to Forgot Password page to request a password reset
- Enter your email address connected to your account
- Click "Send me a link" for a password reset email
- From the email, click “Reset password” and enter a new password twice
- Click “Change password”
If you are already logged in to CompassList, you can change your password in your account dashboard.
- Go to "My profile" under your account dashboard
- Scroll down to find "Change password"
- Enter your old password and your new password twice
- Click "Change"
Permanent deletion of your account means you will no longer be able to retrieve your saved content.
To delete your account, please do the following:
- Log in to your CompassList account
- Go to "My Profile" in your account dashboard
- Scroll down to find "Delete Account" and click "YES, I want to delete my account"
- Select the reasons of deleting your CompassList account
- Click "DELETE ACCOUNT" to submit the deletion request
Once you choose to delete your account, your account will be deactivated immediately. But it will take 24 hours for your account to be permanently deleted from our system. If you change your mind within those 24 hours upon your request to delete, simply click "REACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT" button in the email sent to you after your account deletion request or log in again with your email and password to click the "REACTIVATE MY ACCOUNT" button.