We, CompassList Pte. Ltd., place great importance on the confidentiality, privacy and protection of your personal and transactional data. We handle all personal data provided to us in accordance with the standards prescribed by the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) and the subsidiary legislation made thereunder, and where applicable, the European General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
2. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
2.1 When you access our website www.compasslist.com and all pages within the domain (the “Website”), the following types of information may be collected from you:
2.1.1 Contact and Billing Information: These relate to the following information about you, some or all of which may be collected when you register for an account with us, sign up for our subscription service or when you contact us or our representatives:
- (a) Name
- (b) Residential address
- (c) Contact number
- (d) Email address
- (e) Profile picture
- (f) Credit card number
- (g) Billing address
2.1.2 Access Information: These relate to information about your computer or mobile device and your access patterns, some or all of which may be collected when you use the Website:
- (a) IP address
- (b) Geographic location
- (c) Operating system and browser type
- (d) Device type
- (e) Web traffic data
- (f) Time spent on the Website
- (g) Number of webpages within the Website viewed
- (h) Access from third party websites linking to our Website
- (i) Advertising information, e.g. what ads were clicked and/or viewed
2.1.3 Third Party Information: We may receive information about you from third parties that we work closely with (e.g. payment and delivery service providers, data analytics providers, advertising networks and social networking sites). Such information may be, but are not limited to, the various categories of Contact and Billing Information and Access Information listed in clauses 2.1.1 and 2.1.2 above.
3. OUR PROTECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL DATA
3.1 Insofar as the information collected allows you to be identified directly, or indirectly when combined with other information, it will be deemed “Personal Data”.
3.2 We will collect, use, process, store and/or disclose your Personal Data, for the following purposes, where necessary or applicable:
- (a) To verify your identity;
- (b) To enable your device and/or software to access the Website;
- (c) For the smooth administration and improvement of the Website, including troubleshooting, site analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and to obtain feedback so as to enable us to improve the operation of the Website and offer you a better user experience;
- (d) For audit, customer service, administrative support, market research and business development purposes;
- (f) To respond to any queries, requests or reports which you may have submitted;
- (g) For payment and delivery of goods or services;
- (h) To perform a contract to which you are a party to or deliver services you have requested, such as our subscription service;
- (i) To recommend and/or display content and advertisements on the Website that may be of interest to you;
- (j) To comply with requirements under any applicable law or requests from any competent authority, including but not limited to relevant governmental authorities, law enforcement agencies and regulatory bodies;
- (k) Where required in any civil or criminal suit or for the protection and/or enforcement of our legal rights and obligations;
- (l) In the event we sell or buy any business or assets, where necessary for the purposes of the sale or purchase; and/or
- (m) To enable any third parties to perform any of the above where necessary and/or applicable, including but not limited to law enforcement agencies, regulatory bodies, our business partners, affiliates, suppliers and sub-contractors.
If we intend to use your Personal Data for any purpose not listed above, we will notify you of this purpose and obtain your consent, unless otherwise prescribed by any applicable law.
3.3 We will retain your Personal Data for the length of time required to fulfil the purposes for which the Personal Data was collected, save where continued retention is necessary for us to comply with our other legal obligations or to meet our business requirements.
4. YOUR RIGHTS IN RESPECT OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4.1 You may write to our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org to:
- (a) Correct or update your Personal Data;
- (b) Reasonably request for access to your Personal Data. Do note that you may face reasonable charges for our provision of the Personal Data;
- (c) Request for information relating to our use or disclosure of your Personal Data;
- (d) Request that we stop processing your Personal Data for certain purposes;
- (e) Delete any Personal Data we no longer have legally permissible grounds to use; or
- (f) Make a report about any actual or potential breach of security in relation to your Personal Data.
Do note that we may not be obliged to comply with your requests under certain conditions as prescribed by the applicable law. In such an event, we will notify you accordingly of the basis for not acceding to your request.
5. DATA PROTECTION AND SECURITY
5.1 We will put appropriate technical and administrative security measures in place to help ensure that your information is protected against unauthorised or accidental access, use, alteration or loss.
5.2 All of our employees who deal with Personal Data are trained in the proper handling and protection of Personal Data.